Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by apples1415
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $44.49Trending at AU $50.23
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.59
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $15.75
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.71
About this product
- DescriptionYoung George mixes a medicine to make his nasty grandmother more likable, and once she drinks it she grows to immense proportions. George's father wants the formula to breed a race of super-size livestock, but George can't duplicate the recipe. His fourth try is a potion that shrinks the drinker to thing - and greedy Grandma drinks it with expected results!
- Author BiographyRoald Dahl was born in 1916 in Wales of Norwegian parents. After going to school in England he went to work for Shell Oil Company in Africa. He began to write after 'a monumental bash on the head' sustained as an RAF pilot during the World War II. Roald Dahl is one of the most successful and well-known of all children's writers. His books, which are read by children the world over, include James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG and The Witches, winner of the 1983 Whitbread Award. He died in 1990 at the age of seventy-four. Quentin Blake, born in the suburbs of London in 1932, began his career as a cartoonist for magazines, most notably The Spectator and Punch. He moved into children's book illustration where his inimitable style has won him enormous acclaim. Alongside this he has pursued a teaching career and was head of the illustration department at the Royal College of Art, and is now a visiting professor. Quentin Blake was awarded the OBE in 1988 and he became the first ever children's laureate in 1999.
- Author(s)Roald Dahl
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPuffin Classics
- Out-of-print date22/07/2011
- Content Noteb & w line drawings
- Weight140 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.