All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.85Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough statistics have been used by geologists for many years, only recently has the subject received the attention needed and deserved. Geologists and other earth scientists have a use for summary statistics of large data bases, kwledge of frequency distributions, understanding of sampling designs and problems, and ap- plication of stochastic models, but in general they are unaware of the many aspects of help available through the statistician. It seemed warranted at this time to get the two disciplines together and to find a common meeting ground for further collaboration. Thus the subject of the 8th Colloquium was proposed as GEOSTATISTICS. Statisticians with interests in ap- plications in the earth sciences were asked to partici- pate with earth scientists interested in applying statistics to problems. This volume records the pro- ceedings of the meeting. The Kansas Geological Survey, the International Association for Mathematical Geology and the University Extension were hosts to 120 participants on campus at The University of Kansas during 7-9 June 1970. The Colloquium was the 8th in a series on Computer Applica- ~ions in the Earth Sciences. Previous subjects were classification, trend analysis, time-series analysis, simulation, sampling, computer applications, and optical- data processing. The stated purpose of the meeting was to explore some assumptions, limitations, and applica- tions for statistical geology and geostatistics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/12/1995
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCurrent Ornithology
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight382 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byD. F. Merriam
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1970
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.