All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionGeotechnical Testing, Observation, and Documentation is an in-depth field manual for soil technicians and field engineers. Designed to be a reference guide during the investigation, grading, and construction phases of geotechnical projects, Tim Davis' book has helped thousands of readers understand common laboratory and field tests, classify soil accurately, interpret project recommendations, and document the entire construction monitoring process.This updated and expanded edition offers much new material on topics such as deep foundations, asphalt, concrete, and loss prevention. Commonly asked questions appear at the end of every chapter, and a comprehensive case study presents each step of a sample project, from site investigation and lab work through construction and documentation. A quick reference chapter summarizes current tools and references, explains survey and grading stakes, evaluates compaction equipment, and presents frequently used formulas and equations. In the appendixes, the glossary has been significantly expanded, an answer key to chapter questions is provided, and a collection of sample forms and diagrams is available for immediate use. Geotechnical Testing, Observation, and Documentation, Second Edition , is valuable useful for training new technicians and providing a refresher for veterans. Soil technicians contemplating the NICET or ICC certification exams will find this book an essential test preparation aid.
- Author BiographyTim Davis is construction supervisor for the Public Works Engineering Department in Coconino County, Arizona, where he oversees construction of all public works projects. He has more than 30 years of geotechnical experience as an inspector and technician at construction sites.
- Author(s)Tim Davis
- PublisherAmerican Society of Civil Engineers
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationReston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Civil Engineers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.