All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for a broad range of mental health professionals, this book explains why depression can be challenging to treat in older adults and describes the most effective interventions. Noted geriatric psychiatrist Gary J. Kennedy draws on extensive clinical experience and research to present current best practices in pharmacotherapy, psychotherapy, other psychosocial and lifestyle interventions, and electroconvulsive therapy. Depressive disorders complicated by psychosis, mania, dementia, and bereavement are addressed in detail, as is suicide prevention. Kennedy emphasizes the importance of integrating care across service settings and building strong partnerships with patients and their families. Quick-reference tables throughout the book distill critical elements of intervention.
- Author BiographyGary J. Kennedy, MD, is Director of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and of the Fellowship Training Program at Montefiore Medical Center and Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York. Dr. Kennedy is board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine. He is a past president of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry and a past chair of the Geriatric Mental Health Foundation. Dr. Kennedy is a recipient of an Award for Excellence in Program Innovation from the Archstone Foundation, an Exemplary Psychiatrist Award from the National Alliance for Mental Illness, and the Julia and Leo Forchheimer Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award. His research has focused on suicidal ideation, the epidemiology of depression and dementia, psychiatric services in primary care, and novel approaches to bridge community-based agencies and academic medical centers. His book Geriatric Mental Health Care: A Treatment Guide for Health Professionals received a Book of the Year Award in Gerontology from the American Journal of Nursing and in 2014 was listed as one of 100 Great Books for the Social Worker's Library by MSWOnlinePrograms.
- Author(s)Gary J. Kennedy
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication20/04/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight468 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.