All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeriatric psychiatry is a relatively young discipline within the field of North American psychiatry. The development of a workforce to meet the needs of an aging population has been identified as an urgent priority, but there is still much we don't kw about fulfilling the mental health needs of older adults. For Mark J. Rapoport, geriatric psychiatrists must assess and treat patients today in face of the limitations of what we kw, but also be armed with enthusiasm to create vel ways of impacting on the quality of life of older patients with mental illness. The chapters in this book include case scenarios, concise point-form summaries of diagstic and treatment approaches, up-to-date evidence syntheses, discussions of controversies, and a series of practical and thought-provoking questions and answers. Geriatric Psychiatry is a succinct and advanced review of geriatric psychiatry that will help clinicians improve the psychiatric care of an aging population.
- Author BiographyMark J. Rapoport is an associate professor in the geriatric psychiatry division of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto. He is also an associate scientist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and President of the Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry. Andrew Wiens is an associate professor and Head of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry at the University of Ottawa. Dallas Seitz is an associate professor and Chair of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry at Queen's University. Evan Lilly is a Resident in Family Medicine at Western University.
- Author(s)Andrew Wiens,Dallas Seitz,Evan Lilly,Mark Rapoport
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note11 figures
- Weight760 g
- Width179 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.