All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book dedicated explicitly to the care of elderly patients with rheumatic diseases, this comprehensive resource is a practical guide for navigating the medical concerns of these complex patients. While patients over 65 years of age comprise roughly 15 per cent of the population, they consume about 50 per cent of rheumatology resources. This book presents current clinical practices with an eye toward achieving ecomically sustainable models of care. The world's leading authorities have come together to cover the full spectrum of rheumatic diseases, the immune system in aging, and ultrasound evaluation and arthrocentesis. This book also addresses the milieu of co-morbidities that the clinician may encounter with an older patient, as well as the accompanying concerns about multiple pharmacologic therapies and drug interactions. Bringing in experts from a wide array of subspecialties, the editors present the essentials of multidisciplinary care, an approach which is the hallmark of geriatrics and which naturally translates into the field of gerontorheumatology. Designed for primary care physicians and rheumatology consultants, Geriatric Rheumatology is an invaluable guide to caring for this rapidly growing patient population.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/06/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, 58 black & white tables
- Weight1023 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBruce A. Carnes,Raymond L. Yung,Thomas Teasdale,Yuri Nakasato
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.