All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis series covers the capital ships of the German Navy of World War II, this volume examines the design, development and operational use of the battleships used by the Kriegsmarine. The Schlesien and Schleswig-Holstein were used mostly as training ships until the end of the war when they took part in bombardment of Soviet troop movements in East Prussia. Bismarck's short but glorious career and Tirpitz's lonely vigil in Norway's distant fjords until sunk by RAF bombers using the massive Tallboy bombs are also covered.
- Author BiographyGordon Williamson was born in 1951 and currently works for the Scottish Land Register. He spent seven years with the military Police TA and has published a number of books and articles on the decorations of the Third Reich and their winners. He is author of a number of World War II titles for Osprey. Ian Palmer is a highly experienced digital artist. A graduate in 3D design, he has provided illustrations for many publications, from modelling James Bond's Aston Martin to recreating lunar landings. He lives and works in London with his wife and three cats.
- Author(s)Gordon Williamson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/03/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.71
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note45 b&w illustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ian Palmer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.