Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionGerman design is famous the world over for its exceptional quality. The Bauhaus, established in Weimar in 1919, was probably the most influential school of design of the twentieth century, counting among its teachers and pupils such talents as Walter Gropius, Marcel Breuer and Marianne Brandt. After the Second World War, the Hochschule fur Gestaltung in Ulm gained a reputation for setting new standards in Modernist interior and industrial design, and today a new generation of designers continues to offer an invative approach to modern living.Illustrated with 1000 images, this encyclopedia is the most comprehensive guide available to the classics of German design, from Michael Thonet's bentwood chairs of the nineteenth century and Wilhelm Wagenfeld's famous Bauhaus table lamp to Dieter Rams' stereo equipment for Braun and Werner Aisslinger's modular furniture systems. Featuring detailed profiles of more than 150 classic products, it is an essential reference for students and anyone interested in modern design.
- Author BiographyBernd Polster is a writer specializing in design and cultural history. He is the editor of the Design Lexicon series and co-author of The A-Z of Modern Design, published by Merrellin 2006.
- PublisherDuMont Literatur und Kunst Verlag GmbH & Co KG
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDuMont Literatur und Kunst Verlag GmbH & Co KG
- Content Note1000 Ill.
- Weight1846 g
- Width200 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byBernd Polster
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.