All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with hundreds of detailed artworks of tanks and their markings, German Panzer Divisions of World War II is a comprehensive study of the equipment and organisation of Germany's armoured divisions from 1939 to 1945. The book is divided into two volumes, detailing every Wehrmacht and SS panzer division in numbered order. Each divisional section is further broken down by campaign, accompanied by orders of battle, a brief divisional history of the campaign, and specific unit markings. Organised by division, the book describes in depth the various models of armoured fighting vehicle in German service during World War II. This compact volume includes armoured fighting vehicles of every type, from the Panzer Mk II, Panzer 35(t), and Panzer III tanks that led the invasions of Poland and France in the early years of the war, to the more potent Panzer V Panther, Panzer VI Tiger, and Sturmpanzer Brummbar that defended the Third Reich in its death throes. The book includes numerous types that fought on every front, from the SdKfz 22 armoured car and Panzer IV Ausf F used by the 15th Panzer Division in the deserts of North Africa, to the Jagdpanzer IV tank destroyer and Hummel self-propelled artillery used by the 5th SS Division Wiking during the fighting retreats of 1944-45. All of the main infantry support weapons are also featured, including the 15cm Grille self-propelled gun, the Pak 40-armed SdKfz 252/22 halftrack, and the Panzerjager 38 Marder III. Packed with more than 600 colour artworks and photographs with exhaustive specifications, German Panzer Divisions of World War II is a key reference for modellers and enthusiasts of World War II armoured fighting vehicles.
- Author BiographyGeneral editor Chris Bishop was the editor of the Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II, and author of German Campaigns of World War II, The Rise of Hitler's Third Reich, SS: Hitler's Foreign Divisions and The Military Atlas of World War II, among many other military history titles.
- Author(s)Chris Bishop,Jorge Rosado
- PublisherAmber Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWorld's Great Weapons
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmber Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1383 g
- Width189 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.