All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* The Normandy campaign from the German perspective * Covers D-Day, Villers-Bocage, Cherbourg, St. Lo, Caen, Avranches, and other battles in hedgerow country * Erwin Rommel, Michael Wittmann, and Kurt Meyer appear Drawing on letters, diaries, firsthand accounts, and official documents, The Germans in Normandy paints a vivid and frequently horrific picture of life for the men who held Hitler's vaunted Atlantic Wall when the Allies invaded France in June 1944 and who put up a bitter but ultimately hopeless defense throughout that summer. These are the German soldiers who manned the pillboxes on Omaha Beach, fired the machine guns across farmfields, and commanded the Tiger tanks. To read about the war from their point of view is sobering and informative.
- Author BiographyRichard Hargreaves is also the author of The Germans in Normandy (978-0-8117-3513-1) and Blitzkrieg Unleashed (978-0-8117-0724-4). He lives near Portsmouth, England.
- Author(s)Richard Hargreaves
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note19 black & white halftones, 2 maps
- Weight35 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.