All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays considers the contribution made by German settlers in Queensland over the last century and a half of the state's history. The volume also analyses the role of other German travellers and visitors who have had an impact on the state. Over this period, Germans have been the most important n-British European settler population in Queensland. The work includes chapters on Germans in politics, science, music and the other arts, as well as German migrants, missionaries, and attitudes to the Australian tropics.
- Author BiographyAndrew G. Bonnell is an Associate Professor of History at the University of Queensland. He studied at the University of Sydney, University of Marburg, and the Technical University, Berlin. He has published books about Imperial Germany, Antisemitism and the German theatre and, in 2011, edited An American Witness in Nazi Frankfurt with Peter Lang. Rebecca Vonhoff completed her PhD at the School of History, Philosophy, Religion and Classics at the University of Queensland, having previously studied at the University of Southern Queensland and Freie Universitat, Berlin. A contributor to a volume about Europe's Expansions, she is currently researching German migrant identity and newspapers.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleGermanica Pacifica
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAndrew G. Bonnell,Rebecca Vonhoff
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.