Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe names Klaus Barbie, Adolf Eichmann, Hermann Goering, Reinhard Heydrich, Heinrich Himmler and Ernst Kaltenbrunner struck terror into law-abiding citizens let alone those who resisted Adolf Hitler. These men were leaders of the Gestapo, the secret police during the times of the Nazis. This book outlines who the Gestapo were, how they operated, what their numbers were, the terrible crimes they committed and how they paid for these in the end when they were hunted down after the war.This history details how the Gestapo came to power in the wake of the Reichstag fire, how they purged the Brown Shirts during the Night of the Long Knives, how they held Berlin in grip of terror during the 1936 Olympic Games and how they went to play an evil role in the rounding up of victims to be sent to the concentration camps. Focuses on prominent Nazis, including Adolf Hitler, and explains the crucial role the Gestapo played in the power structure of the Third Reich. Fully illustrated. Not for the faint-hearted.
- Author BiographyLucas is the third generation of his family to work for British Intelligence. He is an avid collector of WW2 memorabilia and frequently trades such items at antique fairs throughout the UK. In addition to writing historical books, he also teaches history close to his home in Frome, England.
- Author(s)Lucas Saul
- PublisherArcturus Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcturus Publishing
- Weight363 g
- Width132 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.