Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.07Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionIf Bette Midler and Richard Simmons had had a love child who was then adopted by Joan Rivers, she would have become Liz DiMarco Weinmann, the author of Get DARE From Here!(TM) - 12 Principles and Practices for Women Over 40 to Take Stock, Take Action and Take Charge of the Rest Of Their Lives. Get DARE From Here!(TM) is for all women over 40 who are fed up with being called cougars, cobras and crones, and who want instead to mash the myths, bash the biases and slam the stereotypes. The book is easy to follow, with energizing insights, ideas and exercises for developing a personal strategy, action plan, leadership profile and hopeful vision for an enduring legacy. Weinmann's own journey to DARE came after a series of soul-crushing career moves in the early 2000s, following her two decades of accomplishments with leading global marketing-services firms in New York and Washington, D.C. In 2007 she enrolled at New York University's Stern School of Business to study for her MBA - at age 55 - a move most would describe as risking a soul crushing of avalanche strength. Weinmann turned her very humbling, and often hilarious, experiences and newfound expertise from business school into Get DARE From Here! Far from your stereotypical MBA quant-queen spouting self-aggrandizing sermons or brandishing boring b-school bromides, Weinmann tempers her ample doses of skillful, empathic advice with salty sensibility and peppery punch. She delivers high-energy bursts of intellect, motivation, fun, and hope for all women over 40 who, like her, have found themselves sleepless in the battle and mad as hell after pigs happen and spit flies. Urging all women over 40 to get out of the cerebral equivalent of sloppy sweatpants and squishy slippers, she shows them why and how to rant, rave, roar and rebel at the tion that their lives are toast. The overriding message of the book is that any visionary, intelligent and motivated woman over 40 can DRIVE, ADVANCE, RULE and EXPRESS her EXPERIENCE and EXPERTISE to a better place - in short, to Get DARE From Here!
- Author BiographyLiz DiMarco Weinmann is the Founder and CEO of The DARE-Force Corporation (www.thedareforce.com), an educational resources company founded to inspire all women over 40 who want to pursue, develop and lead new and fulfilling ventures in their personal lives, careers, and communities. Weinmann's background includes two decades of progressive leadership as a marketing consulting executive with leading global marketing services firms in New York and Washington, D.C., specializing in marketing to women. She has also led talent management, professional development, coaching and executive branding engagements with diverse executives of all ages, at every level, in the private and nonprofit sectors. Weinmann earned her MBA in Finance and Leadership from New York University's Stern School of Business, and teaches Marketing at NYU and New Jersey City University.
- Author(s)Liz DiMarco Weinmann Mba
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.