All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you change your luck? Katherine Center's marvelously entertaining and poignant new vel is about choosing to look for happiness--and maybe getting lucky eugh to find it. Sarah Harper isn't sure if the stupid decisions she sometimes makes are good choices in disguise--or if they're really just stupid. But either way, after forwarding an inappropriate email to her entire company, she suddenly finds herself out of a job. So she goes home to Houston--and her sister, Mackie--for Thanksgiving. But before Sarah can share her troubles with her sister, she learns that Mackie has some woes of her own: After years of trying, Mackie's given up on having a baby--and plans to sell on eBay the entire nursery she's set up. Which gives Sarah a brilliant idea--an idea that could fix everyone's problems. An idea that gives Sarah the chance to take care of her big sister for once--instead of the other way around. But thing worthwhile is ever easy. After a decade away, Sarah is forced to confront one ghost from her past after ather: the father she's lost touch with, the memories of her mother, the sweet guy she dumped horribly in high school. Soon everything that matters is on the line--and Sarah can only hope that by changing her life she has changed her luck, too.
- Author BiographyKatherine Center graduated from Vassar College, where she won the Vassar College Fiction Prize, and received an MA in fiction from the University of Houston. She served as fiction co-editor for the literary magazine Gulf Coast, and her graduate thesis, Peepshow, a collection of stories, was a finalist for the Mary McCarthy Prize in Short Fiction. A former freelancer and teacher, she lives in Houston with her husband and two young children.
- Author(s)Katherine Center
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintRandom House Australia
- Weight204 g
- Width141 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.