All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing is one of the most enjoyable and creative ways of expressing your thoughts and ideas about different subjects and it is a vital supporting technique for every type of painting and craft. Get Started in Drawing: Teach Yourself offers a comprehensive course for the beginner as well as a helpful source of reference for those with more experience. NOT GOT MUCH TIME? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. AUTHOR INSIGHTS Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the authors' many years of experience. TEST YOURSELF Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of drawing. THINGS TO REMEMBER Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts.
- Author BiographyRobin Capon studied painting and lithography at University of London Goldsmith's College School of Art and then completed the post-graduate art teacher's certifcate course at Brighton College of Art. Until 1988 he combined a successful career in teaching with writing and pursuing his own fine art work, but sonce then he has worked exclusively as a freelance artist and writer. Initially he concentrated on landscape and abstract paintings for exhibition at various galleries in the South of England, but gradually the empahsis has moved to writing and now most of his time is devoted to art journalism and writing books on artists and art techniques. Robin has also worked as a tutor for the National Extension College and as an examiner for several leading examining boards. He writes monthly features and reviews for 'The Artist and Leisure Painter' magazines and he is the author of 20 books on art and craft subjects, including two in the Teach Yourself series: Teach Yourself Drawing and Teach Yourself Watercolour Painting.
- Author(s)Robin Capon
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleTeach Yourself - General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Out-of-print date29/03/2017
- Content Noteb/w line drawings, 40
- Weight258 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.