All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionGet Started in Jazz offers something for everyone whose imagination has been captured by the exciting world of jazz. The book looks at the origins and development of jazz and gives an insight into its musical structures and the way in which it is played. It provides an essential guide for both the beginner and the more experienced musician or listener. This book introduces the music from a number of angles, including: - its musical and cultural history - its musical structure - the instruments upon which it is played - important practitioners and bands. Also has extracts from key works, to build your understanding and enhance your listening experience. Whether you read Get Started in Jazz from cover to cover or dip in for specific information, it will help you to improve your understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of the music and its culture.
- Author BiographyRodney Dale has been involved with jazz for over 40 years, including playing piano with a number of bands, organising classes and workshops on jazz appreciation and writing books on the subject.
- Author(s)Rodney Dale
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content NoteB/W drawings and staves
- Weight396 g
- Width228 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.