All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteven Soderbergh and Richard Lester are a generation apart, but they share a sense of humour and a passion for cinema. Soderbergh's freshman film, Sex, Lies and Videotape , inaugurated a movement in US independent cinema. Lester's freewheeling work in the '60s and '70s ( Help! , A Hard Day's Night , The Knack , How I Won the War , Petulia ) helped create a 'new wave' of British film-making. Here, the two cineastes discuss their mutual passion for the medium in a frank, funny and free-ranging series of interviews. Also included is Soderbergh's diary of an extraordinary twelve months in which he ventured into 'guerilla film-making' with offbeat projects Schizopolis and Gray's Anatomy, before returning to the Hollywood fray with the George Clooney hit Out of Sight.
- Author BiographySteven Soderbergh won the prestigious Palme d'or at the Cannes Film Festival for his first full-lenth film, sex, lies and videotape in 1989, thus inaugurating a decade of American Independent cinema. He won a Best Director Oscar in 2000 for Traffiic. His recent films include Haywire and Contagion.
- Author(s)Steven Soderbergh
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteportraits
- Weight260 g
- Width136 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.