All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionShortlisted for the Encore Award for best second vel. They were colour-supplement darlings of the 1980s: Patrick, the sexy, ferocious young playwright, scourge of an enthralled establishment, and Sara, who abandoned her two children to fulfil her destiny as Patrick's beautiful, devoted wife and muse. Thirty-five years later, Sara's death leaves Patrick alone in their crumbling house in Cornwall, with his whisky, his writer's block and his undimmed rage against the world. But bereavement is respecter of life's estrangements, and Sara's children, Louise and Nigel, are w adults, with memories, questions and agendas of their own. What was their mother really like? Why did she leave them? What has she left them? And how can Patrick carry on without the love of his life? Getting Colder is a painfully funny and perceptive vel about family, love, and how sometimes the harder you look, the less you find.
- Author BiographyAmanda Coe is an acclaimed screenwriter and author who in 2013 won a BAFTA for the BBC Four adaptation of John Braine's Room at the Top, starring Maxine Peake. Her other credits include Shameless, Margot and As If. Her first novel, What They Do in the Dark, was published by Virago in 2011.
- PrizesShortlisted for Encore Award 2015.
- Author(s)Amanda Coe
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight410 g
- Width143 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.