All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book about getting, and staying, involved with God-what it takes, what it costs, what it looks and feels like, why anyone would want to do it anyway. It is at the same time a book about reading the Old Testament as a source of Good News and guidance for our life with God. The key piece of Good News that the Old Testament communicates over and over again is that God is involved with us, deeply and irrevocably so. -from the Introduction With sound scholarship and her own vivid translations from the Hebrew, Old Testament professor Ellen Davis teaches us a spiritually engaged method of reading scripture. Beginning with the psalms, whose frank prayers can be a model for our own, Davis reflects on the stories of the patriarchs and the pastoral wisdom of the book of Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Songs in helping us cultivate those habits of the heart that lead to a rich relationship with God.
- Author BiographyELLEN F. DAVIS is Associate Professor of Bible and Practical Theology at Duke Divinity School. She has previously taught at Union Seminary, Yale Divinity School, and the Virginia Theological Seminary. Her other books include a theological commentary on Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Songs, and Imagination Shaped: Old Testament Preaching in the Anglican Tradition.
- Author(s)Ellen F. Davis
- PublisherCowley Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/01/2001
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCowley Publications,U.S.
- Weight299 g
- Width147 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.