All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionGetting Our Wings is a n-fiction aviation book filled with pictures, facts, humor, stalgia, sadness, and hor. Specifically, it is THE NAVAL AVIATION TRAINING story, a n-fiction book about brave men and women spanning our first one hundred years as they learned to fly the Navy way. The author would wager his last nickel that many former flight instructors and students who read this book will remember that some of these memories also happened to them during their flight school days. I believe that, they might say. That really happened to me, too. I should be in the book. Wings picks up Naval Flight training at the very beginning; back when it was self-taught. Self-taught? Who could teach it? The reader learns that early pioneers knew little about aeronautics. The word hardly existed. They trudged, stumbled, tumbled, and died their ways forward.
- Author BiographyBob Taylor is a husband, a father, a grandfather, and a great-grandfather. In addition to books, he writes articles for magazine monthlies, newspaper columns and articles, critiques, and commentaries in military and trade journals. Bob Taylor graduated from Georgia Southern, became a Marine infantry platoon leader, a Marine Pathfinder, a Marine aviator, a school teacher, and then entered the field of computers. His career as a computer software professional began by working as a programmer-analyst for three small companies. Then stepping up a notch, Bob was employed by two major software companies for a total of 12 years, serving in Jacksonville, Savannah, Columbia, Miami, and Chicago. Subsequently, he and a former professional friend joined as principals in a software company in Charlotte, which they operated for several years until retirement. In retirement he serves on a number of military forums, debating approaches to national defense, specifically relating to the strategic employment of drones.
- Author(s)Bob Taylor
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Andy Taylor
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.