All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionBecause You Can't Take it with You Getting Started in Estate Planning I think it's irritating that once I die, 55% of my money goes to the United States government. When you leave a house or money to people, then they're taxed 55%, so you've got to leave them eugh so that once they're taxed, they still have some money. -- Oprah Winfrey (from The Wall Street Journal, July 28, 1999) Few of us are as rich as Oprah, but whether your estate consists of an old Ford Thunderbird, your beloved dog, or millions of dollars in property and cash, in most cases, it will be left behind after you're gone. As baby boomers approach retirement age and 401 (k) plans, stock options, and inherited wealth continue their dramatic growth, estate planning is increasingly necessary. Unless of course, you are content to leave your assets to your silent heir--the IRS. Getting Started in Estate Planning helps you take control of the planning process by sharing easy to-understand, proven strategies that everyone can use, either alone or with a professional planner, to protect their heirs for the future. Personal finance columnist Kerry Hann helps you stop procrastinating and start establishing your goals, with guidance on such critical issues as: Determining the best way to dispose of your assets--and take care of your liabilities Deciding who should receive what--and when Providing for the care of mir children Lowering taxes so your heirs get the maximum benefits of your estate Choosing executors Surrendering ownership of assets Making your wishes kwn Special situations, including those of gay and lesbian couples and small business owners Ruling from the grave--when to let go Making changes as you go along Filled with accessible strategies that are useful for all ages, Getting Started in Estate Planning will help you ensure that today's assets go where you want them to go tomorrow.
- Author BiographyKERRY HANNON is an expert money columnist for iVillage.com, the women's Internet network. She is a former personal finance columnist for USA Today and editor and writer for U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, Money, and Forbes. Hannon speaks regularly on personal finance topics and has a monthly radio show called Financial Fitness, in Washington, D.C., on Chancellor Radio stations. Her prior books include The 10-Minute Guide to Retirement for Women, and Suddenly Single: Money Skills for Divorcees and Widows (Wiley).
- Author(s)Kerry Hannon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2000
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Series TitleGetting Started in...
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.