Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you re just getting started at the lathe or you re a seasoned woodturner looking for nuggets of insight, you ll find it all in the AAW's Official Guide, Getting Started in Woodturning, an essential reference of safety information, tool advice, woodturning techniques, and practical projects from the pages of American Woodturner, the journal from the American Association of Woodturners (AAW). Written for beginning woodturners by some of today's finest woodturners -- Richard Raffan, Jim Rodgers, Richard Kleinhenz, and Alan Lacer among them, Getting Started in Woodturning teaches shop-tested, best-practice fundamentals that make woodturning a safe, enjoyable, and enriching hobby that will last a lifetime. Divided into four sections - Getting Started, Tools, Techniques, and Projects - this treasure-trove of expert information will guide an aspiring woodturner to discover: What to kw when buying and aligning a lathe Safety practices for dust collection, face shields, and the shop Techniques for sharpening and using turning tools How to turn, avoid catches, and finish like a pro 18 useful projects to build your skills Getting Started in Woodturning is the only book a beginner needs to safely and confidently get started in the craft of woodturning.
- Author BiographyThe American Association of Woodturners (AAW) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, is dedicated to advancing the art and craft of woodturning worldwide. The AAW provides opportunities for education, information, and organization to those interested in turning wood while and is focused on establishing lathe-turned work as a major element in the art and craft world. Established in 1986, AAW has thousands of members and a network of local chapters globally, representing professionals, amateurs, gallery owners, collectors, and wood/tool suppliers. The official journal of the AAW is American Woodturner, the leading publication on the art and craft of woodturning in the world. A wellspring of practical information, inspiration, and resources, American Woodturner is published six times each year and is one of the premier benefits of membership.
- PublisherSpring House Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleAmerican Association of Woodturners Official Guide
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpring House Press
- Weight816 g
- Width218 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJohn Kelsey
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.