All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.08Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionHumans are naturally wired to solve problems. Implement the right solutions and the problems generally go away. Paradoxes are quite different. They consist of opposites that do t appear to be able to coexist, but must. Most of the issues that keep organizations from achieving strategic success are t problems, they are paradoxes. Practical approaches to address our most important paradoxes do exist. By reading this book you will learn how to address the paradoxes commonly encountered in organizations and in life. Getting Unstuck: Using Leadership to Execute Paradoxes with Confidence will teach you how to balance key paradoxes to achieve greater long-term growth and enhanced sustainability than those who rely on financial data and problem solving methods alone. It addresses the issues that are the most troublesome to people and the organizations they work for. Describing how to think and work more strategically, the book introduces the language and tools you need to share invative approaches to dilemmas within your organization and to develop better working relationships, both internally and externally. It provides a practical and powerful platform to help you develop new possibilities and achieve your strategic objectives. You will learn how to see conflict with a fresh set of eyes, how to redefine your roles, and how to become more effective professionally and personally. If you have experienced trouble implementing strategic objectives, difficulties getting people from different parts of your organization to work together; if you want to achieve a higher level of success, if you feel stuck, then read this book. Filled with examples of real-world paradoxes, it supplies valuable insights into the root causes of workplace conflicts to help you execute change with greater confidence and effectiveness.
- Author BiographyRalph Jacobson is the founder of The Leader's Toolbox, Inc., an organization focused on helping individuals, companies, and communities tackle their most critical challenges. Recognizing the limits of conventional leadership development and change management processes, he developed a counterintuitive, yet powerful, approach to implementing change in his previous book, Leading for a Change: How to Master the Five Challenges Faced by Every Leader, which was recognized by mgeneral.com as one of the top business books in 2000. Ralph also serves as adjunct faculty for The Physician's Leadership College. His writing has appeared in a number of prestigious publications including American College of Physicians Journal, Humans Systems Management, Chief Executive Officer Magazine, Chief Learning Officer Magazine, and American Management Association. For the last 7 years he has been ranked in the top 10 independent leadership developers, coaches, and consultants by Leadership Excellence Magazine. His work has been utilized in healthcare, corporate, and government settings to make it easier for organizations to achieve their strategic objectives and sustain their success in the midst of turbulent times. Ralph holds advanced degrees in psychology and human resources from The Ohio State University and the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Ralph Jacobson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 33 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.