All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGluten-free casein-free diets are widely used to improve cognitive function, speech patterns, behavior, and general well-being in children on the autistic spectrum. Written by a registered dietician and mother of a child who is thriving on a gluten-free casein-free diet, this practical guide covers everything from how to get your child on the diet, to daily meal plans, recipes and handy shopping lists. Susan Lord offers sound nutritional advice on how to implement the diet correctly, without harming your child by omitting major nutrient groups. Whether you are a parent or care-giver, this book will make removing gluten and casein from an autistic child's diet simple and stress-free. The easy-to-follow meal plans, complete with delicious recipes and ingredient lists, will guide you with confidence in providing a nutritionally-balanced diet for your child, as well as healthy meals the whole family will enjoy.
- Author BiographySusan Lord is a registered dietitian with the American Dietetic Association. Her daughter was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder at the age of five and has been on a gluten-free, casein-free diet for almost nine years. Her diagnosis now falls into the more general category of 'cognitive disability'. Susan lives in the Washington D.C. area with her husband and two daughters.
- Author(s)Susan Lord
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.