All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps potential nursing students succeed in getting into nursing. It gives practical help on the application process: filling out application forms; passing numeracy and literacy tests; and succeeding at interviews. It also explains what nurses do, what personal qualities are needed and what is involved in nursing training, so applicants can decide whether nursing is really for them. This book has been carefully shaped to answer all of the common questions applicants are likely to have, along with many they will t yet have thought of. It has been updated in light of the recommendations in the Francis Report and covers values-based recruitment, the importance of compassion in practice and considers the needs of n-traditional applicants and mature students. Features of the book include: * practice numeracy and literacy tests to help students face their interview day with confidence * all the information students need given in one place with need to trawl through countless websites looking for answers to questions * helpful advice on choosing the right course and succeeding in the application * top tips and stories from real nurses, students, patients and lecturers that explore 'from the inside' what nursing is like * example interviews to help students prepare for the big day.
- Author BiographyKaren Elcock is Head of Programmes, Pre-registration Nursing at Kingston University and St George's University London, one of the early implementers of the new degree programme for nursing. She has taught on and led pre-registration nursing programmes for over 20 years and has a particular interest in how student nurses learn in practice settings which makes up 50% of pre-registration nursing programmes.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleTransforming Nursing Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKaren Elcock
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.