All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the work of special education teachers and extensive accommodations, students with special needs, such as ADHD and autism,continue to under-perform in academics and have difficulties maintaining personal relationships. Hemisphere Integration Therapy (HIT) is a brain hemisphere-specific tutoring program that incorporates nutritional counseling, physical exercises,sensory stimulation and academic tutoring. Unlike other educational interventions that help students to learn despite their disorders, HIT attempts to correct the underlying neurological problem. This mixed-methods evaluative case study describes HIT and analyzes the sensory, motor, and academic effects of HIT from the students' perspective; the students ticed that they improved their academic performance, executive function, motor skills,and auditory processing This book is a must-read for neuro-education researchers and anyone who works with students with special needs.
- Author(s)Sarah M. Bousquet
- Date of Publication28/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMorrisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight411 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.