All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.15
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionOn April 2, 1917, President Woodrow Wilson issued a national call to arms against Imperial Germany. What followed in the United States was a frenzied effort to build hundreds of merchant ships to replace those being destroyed in Germanys campaign of unrestricted submarine warfare. The newly created U.S. Shipping Board Emergency Fleet Corporation embarked on a course that, in the span of a few pivotal years in American history, came to exhibit mankinds genius, igrance, avarice, driveand follyfor the largest portion of that fleet came to rest on the muddy floor of Mallows Bay. In Ghost Fleet of Mallows Bay and Other Tales of the Lost Chesapeake, Donald G. Shomette recounts three fascinating tales of the wonders that lie beneath the bay. An accomplished underwater archaeologist, Shomette describes the cutting-edge techlogy used in the excavation of the steamship New Jersey, the underwater hunt for the earliest English colony in Maryland, and the story of the great fleet that w rests in eternal slumber beneath the waters of Mallows Bay.
- Author BiographyDonald Grady Shomette has authored fourteen books and many scientific and popular articles that have appeared in such publications as National Geographic, History and Technology, and American Neptune. He lives in Dunkirk, Maryland.
- Author(s)Donald G. Shomette
- PublisherCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCentreville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note71 b/w photos, 14 illustrations, 7 maps
- Weight739 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.