All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGhost Towns of California is a guidebook to the state's best boomtowns. Once thriving, these abandoned mining camps and pioneer villages still ring with history. Ghost town expert Philip Varney equips you with everything you need to kw to explore these remnants of the past. Featured are color maps, driving and walking directions, town histories, touring recommendations, and stunning color photography of 70 sites, including the famous Bodie. Come see where it all started at the mother lode and trace the great migration throughout the region. Visit the rthern mines and the ghosts of San Francisco Bay, the Eastern Sierra, Death Valley, and the Mojave Desert. This is the essential guidebook to the glory days of the Old West!
- Author BiographyLong-time ghost-town hunter Philip Varney is the author of six ghost-town guides, including Ghost Towns of Colorado, Ghost Towns of Northern California, and Ghost Towns of the Pacific Northwest. He is a regular contributor to Arizona Highways magazine and frequently leads travel groups on ghost-town tours. He lives in Tucson, Arizona.
- Author(s)Philip Varney
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/06/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note200 colour illustrations, 8 maps
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.