All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGhost towns lie all along the Mother Road. The quintessential boom-and-bust highway of the American West, Route 66 once hosted a thriving array of boomtowns built around oil mines, railroad stops, cattle ranches, resorts, stagecoach stops, and gold mines. Join Route 66 expert Jim Hinckley as he tours more than twenty-five ghost towns, rich in stories and history. Includes directions for when you take your trip. Complemented by Kerrick James' gorgeous sepia-tone and color photography. Explore the beauty and stalgia of these abandoned communities along America's favorite highway!
- Author BiographySince his childhood, JIM HINCKLEY dreamed of being an author. After numerous detours into truck driving, mining, ranching, and a variety of other endeavors, he turned to writing a weekly column on automotive history for his local newspaper, the Kingman Daily Miner, in his adopted hometown of Kingman, Arizona. From that initial endeavor more than twenty years ago, Hinckley has written extensively on his two primary passions: automotive history and travel. He is a regular contributor to Route 66,American Road, Hemmings Classic Car, and Old Cars Weekly, and he is an associate editor atCars & Parts. Book reviews and original features on automotive history and travel can be found on his blog, www.route66chronicles.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Jim Hinckley
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note140 colour illustrations, 20 black & white illustrations, 1 maps
- Weight894 g
- Width260 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Photographer(s)Kerrick James
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.