Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionSet on the fictional, futuristic Caribbean island of Jacaranda--caught at the nexus between amazing techlogical advances and huge environmental hazards of globalization--this book recounts the tragic consequences of a forbidden love affair and a family torn apart by injustice. With a searing contrast between an island struggling under the threats of crime, migration, and global warming and an unforgettable love story, it provides an emotionally rewarding experience in which these contemporary issues are given fresh poignancy and meaning. A haunting sequence of narratives builds to tell a compelling tale of murder, psychological mayhem, and love while gleaming with Caribbean spirituality.
- Author BiographyCurdella Forbes is a professor of Caribbean literature at Howard University and the author of Flying with Icarus and Other Stories, A Permanent Freedom, and Songs of Silence. She lives in Takoma Park, Maryland.
- Author(s)Curdella Forbes
- PublisherPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationYorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Weight218 g
- Width206 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.