Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionPizzato focuses on the staging of Self and Other as phantom characters inside the brain (in the 'mind's eye', as Hamlet says). He explores the brain's anatomical evolution from animal drives to human consciousness to divine aspirations, through distinctive cultural expressions in stage and screen techlogies.
- Author BiographyMARK PIZZATO is Associate Professor of Theatre and Film, University of North Carolina-Charlotte, USA. He is the author of Edges of Loss: From Modern Drama to Postmodern Theory, which focuses on the drama of Eliot, Artaud, Brecht and Genet (1998), Theatres of Human Sacrifice: From Ancient Ritual to Stage and Screen Violence (2004) and Beast-People Onscreen and In Your Brain (2016). Pizzato has also published articles on theatre and media studies in various journals, including Journal of Popular Film and Television, Spectator, Performing Arts International, Essays in Theatre, Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism and Journal of Ritual Studies. Since 1998 he has been the Vice-President of Editorial Policy for the Performance in History website project.
- Author(s)M Pizzato
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/12/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight426 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.