All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the newly expanded compendium of spine-tingling tales of western haunts and horrors.Once deemed the custodian of the twilight zone by Southern Living, celebrated storyteller and ghost hunter Nancy Roberts returns to familiar subject matter in this newly expanded edition of her Ghosts of the Wild West , a finalist for the Spur Award of the Western Writers of America in its original edition.In these seventeen ghostly tales - including five all-new stories - Roberts expertly guides readers through eerie encounters and harrowing hauntings across Kansas, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. Along the way, her accounts intersect with the lives (and afterlives) of legendary figures such as Wild Bill Hickok, Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, and Doc Holliday.Roberts also justifies the fascination among ghost hunters, folklorists, and interested tourists with toriously haunted locales like Deadwood, Tombstone, and Abilene through her tales of pararmal legends linked to these gunslinger towns synymous with violence and vice in western lore. But t all of these encounters feature frightening specters or wandering souls. Roberts also details episodes of animal spirits, protective presences, and supernatural healings. Forever destined to be associated with adventure, romance, and risktaking, the Wild West of yore still haunts the American imagination. Roberts reminds us here that our imaginations aren't the only places where restless ghosts still roam.
- Author BiographyCalled the First Lady of American Folklore, Nancy Roberts has authored dozens of books on hauntings and legends, including Civil War Ghost Stories and Legends and The Haunted South. A professional storyteller and actress, Roberts has been featured on radio and television and is a frequent guest speaker at seminars, schools, and libraries. She lives in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Nancy Roberts
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementEnlarged edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.