All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionGian Carlo Metti is a composer kwn chiefly for his popular operas, including Amahl and the Night Visitors, The Medium, and The Consul. He also wrote a considerable amount of choral, instrumental and chamber music. This addition to the Greenwood Press series Bio-Bibliographies in Music serves as a reference guide to Metti's career. A brief biographical sketch precedes a chrologically arranged bibliography of general writings by and about Metti followed by a detailed list of works, alphabetically arranged. A bibliography of writings about specific compositions, complete with selected contemporary critical reviews, includes data on premiers and other significant performances and discographies of recordings. Opera music scholars, along with Metti fans, will appreciate this detailed guide to available research materials. Intended as a scholarly resource, this volume also includes two appendices, a chrological list of works and a genre list of works. An author index and a separate performer index are provided.
- Author BiographyDONALD L. HIXON was Fine Arts Librarian Emeritus at the University of California, Irvine from 1968-1992. He is the author of Thea Musgrave: A Bio-Bibliography (Greenwood, 1984) and serves as Series Adviser for the Greenwood Press series, Bio-Bibliographies in Music.
- Author(s)Donald L. Hixon
- Date of Publication28/02/2000
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in Music
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 77
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight692 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.