CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionGibberellins (GA) are a large group of tetracyclic diterpeid carboxylic acids, which are essential for many processes in plants, including seed germination. In combination with other hormones, it helps the plant to overcome abiotic stress. The authors of this book examine the main issues regarding the production, functions and biosynthesis of gibberellins. The importance of the biosynthesis, deactivation and signalling of gibberellins are discussed as well. Additionally, current research on the prominent molecular mechanisms that control GA levels, and their physiological involvement in plant growth and metabolism are examined. The recent advances of the importance of GA modulating plant immunity and the positive and negative regulators signalling pathways crosstalk in disease and defence are looked at as well. The last chapter of this book is focused on the mechanisms involved in the control of tuberisation by gibberellins, including the regulation of bioactive GA levels, the mechanisms of action during tuber formation, and the interaction between GA and other hormones affecting tuberisation.
- Author(s)Jackson Hardy
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight162 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.