All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionGift and Promise shows that the theology of the Augsburg Confession is as much a gift to the world today as it Was when first presented in 1530. Building on a book started by Ed Schroeder (three chapters are presented in the first part), nine of his students present the theology of the Augsburg Confession in language that makes it accessible to those without a scholarly background, including pastors, students, and lay people interested in Lutheran history and theology. Gift and Promise establishes the theological hub of the Augsburg Confession- what the Confession itself calls the central teaching of the Christian faith -in the doctrine of justification by faith alone. That hub is traced to its source in Luther's theology of the cross. Each chapter presents how that central hub is articulated in the articles of faith that comprise the Ausgburg Confession. Lucid, powerful, and insightful, the expositions in this volume are written by expert theologians, historians, and scholars who aim to present the crucial and practical message of the Christian life in the Augsburg Confession for all.
- Author BiographyEdward H. Schroeder is a professor and teacher of theology at Valparaiso University, Concordia Seminary and Christ Seminary-Seminex in St. Louis. Ronald Neustadt is an ELCA pastor who teaches systematic theology at the Lutheran School of Theology in St. Louis, Missouri. Stephen Hitchcock is the senior manager of special projects for Bread for the World.
- Author(s)Ed Schroeder
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/07/2016
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRonald Neustadt,Stephen Hitchcock
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.