All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn our current emphasis on standardized testing and the basics in American education we are in danger of permanently dimming the light of inquiry and curiosity which shines from the eyes of our brightest children. The majority of children identified as gifted in most school settings are those who are academically talented. They are attentive and learn rapidly and easily. They enjoy learning and often tackle difficult subjects. These students conform to school structure and rules. However, a study of biography will reveal many individuals who were t successful as students, yet later used their gifts to the fullest. Albert Einstein, Stephen Spielberg and Roald Dahl to name but a few. This new book from writer and educator, Nancy Polette discusses how to use picture book biographies to help students recognize traits of giftedness that they possess themselves. Stretch young minds to creative and productive thought with some of the best picture book biographies currently available. Polette shows you how to promote critical thinking, and foster inquiry in students through building excitement for the reading experience and increasing students' active participation in learning. Included are over 90 antated recommendations and open ended discussion questions for picture book biographies plus pages and pages of reproducible activities to promote critical thinking and inquiry.
- Author BiographyNancy J. Polette is professor of education at Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO, author of more than 100 professional books, and an in-demand speaker at state and national library, gifted, and reading conferences.
- Author(s)Nancy Polette
- PublisherLibraries Unlimited
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.