All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionGigabit-capable passive optical networks (G-PON) have a large and increasing base of support among telecommunications operators around the world. Written by two of the experts in the field, this book explains G-PON in detail, both the original 2.5 Gb/s version and XG-PON, the 10 Gb/s second generation. The foundation established by this book is also invaluable in understanding NG2 (next-generation 2) G-PON, which is built upon a number of XG-PON systems on parallel wavelengths. As well as a history that clarifies the reasons for many of the existing features, the book looks at current and evolving techlogy and discusses some of the alternatives for future access networks.
- Author BiographyDave Hood is a Distinguished Engineer at Ericsson AB. He was involved with passive optical networks since they were first conceived in the 1980s. He was active in the FSAN and ITU communities, where, among other responsibilities, he served as editor of OMCI Recommendation G.988. Dave is presently active in the SDN community. Elmar Trojer is a Master Research Engineer at Ericsson AB, where he has developed dynamic line management solutions for ADSL2+ and VDSL2 and prototyped the DSL automatic optimizer that became an Ericsson product. He also prototyped the world's first Gb/s passive optical network system.
- Author(s)D. Hood
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight710 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.