All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.63
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.13Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $45.07
About this product
- DescriptionA successful reading-fluency programme which parents and teachers can use to dramatically improve reading skills and scores. Many struggling Key Stage 2 readers are embarrassed to read aloud. They are often intimidated or bored by texts that teachers and reading specialists require them to practise. So, instead of catching up, they are falling further behind. Reading specialist Amy Buswell has spent eight years looking for remediation methods that work. 'What is needed,' she explains, 'is a programme that improves the motivation of struggling readers, because that accounts for 90% of the problem.' Four years ago, she came up with a brainstorm. She knew her best readers enjoyed reading Bruce Lansky's poetry books for pleasure. The more poems they read, the better their reading got. Why t use Lansky's kid-tested poems as texts that struggling readers could practice on to improve their reading - using six research-based strategies: choral reading, echo reading, paired reading, repeated reading, sustained silent reading and 'say it like the character' reading. This book is the result of that brainstorm and the resulting collaboration.
- Author(s)Amy Buswell,Bruce Lansky
- PublisherMeadowbrook Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationMinnetonka
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMeadowbrook Press,U.S.
- Content NoteB&w cartoon illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stephen Carpenter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.