Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFans of Giles will be thrilled to receive the latest annual treat from the archives of the celebrated cartoonist, whose work won him huge popular admiration and accolades including being voted the best cartoonist of the 20th century. In this collection, Giles takes a tongue-in-cheek look at the views and antics of Grandma, with 150 cartoons taken from the Express and the --Sunday Express archives. Brilliantly witty and full of irreverent fun, this compilation is the ideal addition to your Giles collection.
- Author BiographyCarl Giles was born in Islington, north London, on 29 September 1916. After leaving school at fourteen, he initially trained in animation before moving into cartoons, when working for Reynolds News. In 1943 Giles moved to the Sunday Express and Daily Express, eventually becoming the Daily Express War Correspondent Cartoonist with the 2nd Army in 1945. Best known for his Express family , his cartoons had enormous popular appeal and in 1959 he was awarded an OBE. Giles left the Daily Express in 1989 but continued working for the Sunday Express until 1991. He died in 1995.
- Author(s)Carl Giles
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Series TitleGiles
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note150 black and white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width211 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.