Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionA tour de force.-Los Angeles Times[S]tylish, literate mysteries.-The Washington PostElectric with suspense, fast and funny.-Publishers WeeklyCody's writing is so lively that one can only throw in the towel and revel in her sure-footed blend of realism and comic fantasy.-The Times Literary SupplementOne of the best conceived and beautifully drawn characters in modern crime fiction.-Mystery News[P]erhaps the boldest creation to land in recent crime fiction.-The Philadelphia InquirerEva's one of those characters, like Salinger's Holden Caulfield or Morrison's Sethe, whose voices are so rich they create a whole world out of a few sentences.-Maureen Corrigan, National Public RadioBirdie Walker-rock widow, con-woman, aging wild child-w lives by her wits. Unsentimental self-interest sees her through, but one could call it pretty. Twenty years ago, she and her w-deceased rock star lover were the most famous couple alive. The public treasures its outrageous memories, but she's still the woman everyone loves to hate. Media darling, media demon, she fights with fame and infamy alike. But when music biz executives get wind that she's hiding valuable, never-released tapes, Birdie learns exactly what it takes to survive them.Liza Cody worked as a furniture-maker, photographer, painter, graphic designer, and assistant at Madame Tussauds before turning to crime writing. She's won a Silver Dagger and a John Creasey/Crime Writers' Association Award, and has been minated for Edgar Awards and shortlisted for a Gold Dagger. The popular TV series based on her Anna Lee mysteries was aired by A&E.
- Author BiographyLiza Cody was born in London. She attended the City and Guilds of London Art School and the Royal Academy School of Art. She managed to support herself as a painter before becoming a film studio technician. Before turning to crime writing she also worked as a furniture-maker, a photographer, a graphic designer and an assistant at Madame Tussauds.
- Author(s)Liza Cody
- PublisherBywater Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBywater Books
- Weight386 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.