All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fabulous collection of 30 recipes featuring the sweet, pungent spiciness of fresh and preserved ginger. It includes recipes from around the world such as Sake and Ginger Cookies, Duck with Damson and Ginger Sauce, Crabcakes with Ginger and Wasabi, Sticky Coffee and Ginger Pudding and Ginger Rhubarb Crumble. It is a concise introduction that describes the different forms of ginger and how best to prepare and cook with it. It features tasty appetizers and snacks, fish and shellfish, meat and poultry dishes, and mouthwatering hot and cold desserts. It features step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and techniques will ensure complete success. It is clearly illustrated with over 75 photographs. A nutritional breakdown for each recipe is included. Ginger is one of the earliest kwn spices and certainly one of the most versatile. Its root comes in many guises and can be used fresh, ground, crystallized or pickled. Each form has a different taste, but common to all is its distinct warming spiciness. This charming little book draws inspiration from the far-flung corners of the world. The recipes begin with uplifting soups and starters starring fresh root ginger. In the next chapter, ginger is combined with ingredients like limes, chillies and herbs, to add sparkle to fish and seafood recipes. Ginger is an essential component in Chinese, Middle Eastern and Indian dishes. The recipes in the meat and poultry chapter draw on this rich heritage and root ginger is used to spice up stir-fries and couscous. Vegetarian dishes include vegetables and grains cooked in invative ways. The book ends with a luscious array of desserts and cakes, from the classic Gingerbread to spicy compotes, fruit salads, and tangy Ginger Ice Cream. There are hints and tips and step-by-step techniques, providing all you need to enliven your cooking with the intriguing aroma and taste of this exotic ingredient.
- Author BiographyHelen Sudell is an established cooking editor, writer and gardener who loves to cook with fresh ingredients. For this volume she has gathered the recipes from a wide range of food writers.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 75 photographs
- Weight254 g
- Width170 mm
- Height166 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byHelen Sudell
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.99
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.08
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.76
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $33.79
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $35.85
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $35.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.