Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionTake a leisurely stroll through one of the most charming and desirable areas on Martha's Vineyard -- or anywhere in the country, for that matter. Founded in 1835 as a Methodist campground, the Martha's Vineyard Campmeeting Association began as a group of tents surrounding an impressive tabernacle. Soon the tents were replaced by cozy Victorian cottages featuring bright colors, welcoming porches, and sumptuous decoration. Lovingly preserved, often with little changed since the nineteenth century, these cottages today transport residents and visitors back to an era when life was simpler and community spirit thrived. View a wonderful selection of the more than 300 cottages still remaining in the campground (w a National Historic Landmark), plus many of the larger and more ornate homes in the surrounding Oak Bluffs area. Delight in the architectural details of these fascinating structures, many designed by the prolific S.F. Pratt. This book will be a treasured memento for all who have visited and been captivated by this enchanting island.
- Author BiographyArthur P. Richmond has been a photographer for more than fifty years. He is the author of fourteen books, and his images are also found in calendars and postcards, as well as on display at several galleries in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Arthur P. Richmond
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2007
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note379 color and 9 b/w photos
- Weight1150 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.