Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionA lyrical, finely crafted, and absolutely absorbing coming-of-age memoir about a young girl from a Pennsylvania factory town. After a shooting at the local factory where her parents work, eight-year-old Karen finds comfort in obsessive rituals and superstitions. As the years pass, she begins to understand her mother's unusual behavior and their complicated relationship until a shocking discovery shatters her world and disturbing memories begin to surface.
- Author BiographyKaren Dietrich earned a bachelor's degree in 1999 at the University of Pittsburgh. After graduation, she moved to Florida where she worked as a restaurant hostess, a video store clerk, and a credit card customer service rep before becoming a high school English teacher for four years. She then earned an MFA in poetry from New England College in 2008, where her mentor was poet and novelist Paula McLain. Karen has published poetry and nonfiction in Nerve, The Bellingham Review, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, PANK Magazine, and elsewhere. She is the author of three limited-run chapbooks with small presses and is a member of an indie folk pop duo, which has two independently released EPs. She is currently an adjunct English instructor at The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg and Westmoreland County Community College. She lives in Greensburg, Pennsylvania with her husband and their son.
- Author(s)Karen Dietrich
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/08/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Out-of-print date26/09/2016
- Weight26 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.