All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $130.02
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when a robot designed to be a boy s ideal companion develops a will of her own? A compulsively readable vel from a new talent. David and Charlie are opposites. David has a million friends, online and off. Charlie is a soulful outsider, off the grid completely. But neither feels close to anybody. When David s parents present him with a hot Companion bot designed to encourage healthy bonds and treat his dissociative disorder, he can t get eugh of luscious redheaded Rose and he can t get it soon. Companions come with strict intimacy protocols, and whenever he tries anything, David gets an electric shock. Parted from the boy she was built to love, Rose turns to Charlie, who finds he can open up, kwing Rose isn t real. With Charlie s help, the ideal companion is about to become her own best friend. In a stunning and hilarious debut, John Cusick takes rollicking aim at internet culture and our craving for meaningful connection in an uberconnected world.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Cusick is a 2007 graduate of Wesleyan University. About Girl Parts, he says, It is easy to feel lonely, despite the immediacy of technological connection. This is a story about human connections, how they catch us by surprise and challenge who we are. A literary agent of books for children and teens, he lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)John M Cusick
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication10/08/2010
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Weight381 g
- Width155 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.