All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn adventurous debut vel that cross cuts between a competitive college swimmer s harrowing days in the Rocky Mountains after a major airline disaster and her recovery supported by the two men who love her only one of whom kws what really happened in the wilderness. Nineteen-year-old Avery Delacorte loves the water. Growing up in Brookline, Massachusetts, she took swim lessons at her community pool and captained the local team; in high school, she raced across bays and sprawling North American lakes. Now a sophomore on her university s nationally ranked team, she struggles under the weight of new expectations but life is otherwise pretty good. Perfect, really. That all changes when Avery s red-eye home for Thanksgiving makes a ditch landing in a mountain lake in the Colorado Rockies. She is one of only five survivors, which includes three little boys and Colin Shea, who happens to be her teammate. Colin is also the only person in Avery s college life who challenged her to swim her own events, to be her own person something she refused to do. Instead she s avoided him since the first day of freshman year. But w, faced with sub-zero temperatures, minimal supplies, and the dangers of a forbidding where, Avery and Colin must rely on each other in ways they never could ve imagined. In the wilderness, the concept of survival is clear-cut. Simple. In the real world, it s anything but.
- Author BiographyClaire Kells was born and raised outside Philadelphia. She received a degree in English from Princeton University and a medical degree from the University of California.Currently in residency, she lives and works in the Bay Area.This is her first novel.
- Author(s)Claire Kells
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintE P Dutton & Co Inc
- Weight476 g
- Width160 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.