All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the New York Times best-selling author of The Drunken Botanist comes an enthralling vel based on the forgotten, true story of one of the US's first female deputy sheriffs. Constance Kopp doesn't quite fit the mould. She towers over most men, has interest in marriage or domestic affairs, and has been isolated from the world since a family secret sent her and her sisters from the city to the country fifteen years before. When a powerful, ruthless factory owner runs down their buggy, a dispute over damages turns into a war of bricks, bullets, and threats as he unleashes his gang on their farm. The sheriff enlists her help, and it turns out that Constance has a knack for outwitting (and disarming) the criminal element, which might just take her back out into the world and onto a new path in life. Through Amy Stewart's exuberant storytelling, Constance Kopp catapults from a forgotten historical anecdote to an unforgettable historical-fiction heroine - an outsized woman t only ahead of her time, but sometimes even ahead of ours.
- Author BiographyAmy Stewart is the award-winning author of seven books, including her acclaimed fiction debut Girl Waits with Gun and the bestsellers The Drunken Botanist and Wicked Plants. She and her husband live in Eureka, California, where they own a bookstore called Eureka Books.
- Author(s)Amy Stewart
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleKopp Sisters
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.