Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionGirl is seventeen, dirt-poor, exquisitely beautiful - a Cinderella whose Prince Charming is the Fordham-educated son of a Mafia King-Pin. Her fairy godmothers are a benign thief with a Mob price on his head, and a whorehouse madam who populates her bordello with Holly-would-be starlets. The story is set in the dynamic years of WWII yet features characters whose desires, fears and sensibilities are as modern as this morning's newspaper. Murder, damnation and redemption, life and love, are played out against the backdrop of a country united in war. Girl from JakesCann is the exciting, unpredictable saga of a dirt-poor young girl, unkwingly hunted for a fortune she doesn't kw she has by gangsters she has never heard of and how she affects all whom she encounters . . . even those who would kill her.
- Author BiographyRichard Eugene (Dick) Stewart has been a band vocalist, hit recording artist, hosted TV shows (local and network), produced several television series and one feature film, wrote and composed songs recorded by Mel Torme and Tennessee Ernie Ford, and was on-camera TV spokesman for over one hundred of America's top corporations. He is retired in Sun City, Arizona, with his wife, actress Anne Randall Stewart. Girl from JakesCannon is his first novel and reached the semi-finals of The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest receiving rave reviews from Publishers Weekly. See http: //richardeugenestewart.com.
- Author(s)Richard Eugene Stewart
- Date of Publication08/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.