All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionGirls! Girls! Girls! explores the representation of girls in contemporary women's art. Since the 1990s, women artists have for the first time dominated the creation and evolution of work depicting female bodies, producing what are arguably the most challenging, critically debated, well publicized, and highly collected representations of females. The contemporary women artists discussed in this anthology are virtually rewriting the representation of women in art w, and they are doing so in ways that differ importantly from those of their predecessors. The overarching question remains why adult women artists are turning in such numbers to the subject of girls w, and how their respective artistic explorations signify. In answer, Girls! Girls! Girls! offers seven extended essays, which together address such themes as adolescent space, narcissism and stalgia, intergenerational relationships, post-feminism, the girl as site of rupture and haunting, aggression and exploitation, authorial gender, female masculinity, and fantasy.
- Author BiographyCatherine Grant is a Visiting Lecturer at the Courtauld Institute of Art and Goldsmiths College, London. She has been a Visiting Lecturer at LCC, Sotheby's Institute and The Photographers' Gallery. Lori Waxman is an independent critic and doctoral student at the Institute of Fine Arts, New York University. She is a visiting lecturer at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), where she gives classes on the representation of girls in modern and contemporary art, art historical methodology, post-60s art, art criticism, and the use of space.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures, black & white plates, colour plates
- Weight458 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCatherine Grant,Lori Waxman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.