All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide for adults working with adolescent girls will help them explore and develop their emotional, social, and spiritual selves. Young people are hungry and capable of engaging in meaningful explorations of themselves and the world around them. Adolescent girls especially have a deep desire and capacity to kw themselves and explore their own spirituality. <i>Girls Rising</i> is a workbook of activities designed for educators, mental health clinicians, youth workers, parents, and, in some cases, peer educators working with girls ages 13 17 that provides a process for them to explore and develop their emotional, social, and spiritual selves. The curriculum comprises of four themes surrounding self awareness, empathy and communication skills, social engagement, and transpersonal exploration. Incorporates drawing, writing, music, media, role playing, storytelling, and deeply penetrating interactive activities to help incite self discovery, enhance relationships, and connect girls to a cause, principal, or source greater then themselves. Jackson s guide offers teenage girls a unique opportunity to engage with their changing selves and their environment from a deeply soulful and creative place.
- Author Biography<b>Urana Jackson</b> has a Masters in Counseling Psychology and has worked with youth and their families for more than 20 years. She has impacted more than a thousand youths from various backgrounds as an educator, trainer, and mental health clinician in public schools and the private sector. She has a private practice working primarily with girls and woman, ages 12 35. Urana is also an artist and her personal practice of meditation and involvement in the Native American spiritual community has influenced her work tremendously. She lives in the East Bay of Northern California.
- Author(s)Urana Jackson
- PublisherParallax Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParallax Press
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.