All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe six women portrayed in this book - Maria Merian (b.1647), Anna Comstock (b.1854), Frances Hamerstrom (b.1907), Rachel Carson (b.1907), Miriam Rothschild (b.1908) and Jane Goodall (b.1934) - all grew up to become award-winning scientists, writers and artists, as comfortable with a pen as with a magnifying glass. Often they were discouraged from getting dirty, much less pursuing careers in science. But they all became rewned scientists, frequently the only women in their fields. They overcame opposition and found ways to pass on their vision of how all lives in nature are beautifully connected. Their stories remind us to look and to look harder and then to look again. Under rotten logs or in puddles, there are amazing things to see. Ages 10-16
- Author(s)Jeannine Atkins
- PublisherDawn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/09/2000
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDawn Publications,U.S.
- Content Note21ill.
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paula Connor
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.11Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.25
- AU $15.05Trending at AU $16.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.